17 February 2021
< Return to news
Just around the corner…. A great little picture posted on the web this morning, an optimist with a sense of humour, which is exactly what we all need now, optimism and good humour.
We all have a lot to look forward to as we move towards better weather and a path to finally ending the lockdown. Though it has been a long and very difficult road and we hope to be at the end of it before too long, it is just a moment in history.
Past events in history that took place this week:
- 399 BC The Philosopher Socrates is sentenced to death by the City of Athens for corrupting the minds of the youth of the City.
- 1676 Issac Newton writes to Robert Hooke, ‘If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants’
- 1936 Germany announces the construction of the Volkswagen Beetle ( the people’s car)
- 1971 After 1200 years, Britain abandons pence and shillings and adopts a decimal currency
- 2001 The first draft of the human genome is published
- 2005 You Tube is launched in the US.
Have a great week everyone.